According to the Miami Herald, Coral Gables, FL, leaders are changing their stance and re-visiting medical marijuana in their city. As the article states…
Commissioners decided not to take a final vote on the ban at Tuesday’s meeting. Instead, in response to a change in state law that requires dispensaries to be regulated the same way as pharmacies, they will consider additional regulations on pharmacies.”
The move away from an outright ban is a reversal by city leaders, including Commissioner Vince Lago, the ban’s sponsor, who emphatically said in July he didn’t “want dispensaries popping up all over the city.”
“When I sat down with them, I realized the answer of simply banning it is not appropriate. There has to be a better way to manage the zoning,” Lago said.
Until the city’s plans are finalized, it will operate with the same plan that’s been in place since 2014 — no action on dispensaries until cannabis is legal under federal law.
Read more from Miami Herald.
Stay up to date on the latest in the Florida cannabis industry. Follow our blog.
Some Central Florida towns and cities are hurting their chances at increased revenues and better patient care in the name of politics. This week, Winter Park, Florida banned medical marijuana dispensaries. Winter Garden is another neighborhood to ban the brick and mortar establishments completely.
In contrast, communities such as Seminole County’s Altamonte Springs, Longwood, and Oviedo are taking advantage of the medical cannabis boom for business and patients in need.
For those of us in the medical marijuana marketing space, we are convinced that banning these dispensaries will have a negative long term impact on the towns and cities that choose to see cannabis for sick patients as a danger or nuisance instead of as a benefit and enhancement. Since medical and recreational cannabis have seen proven success across the country, both in terms of healthcare outcome and tax boosts for public health programs and education, the ban seems more like a battle of special interests instead of a consideration for the community.
We believe that the towns and cities who are deciding to uphold Florida’s citizens’ choice to have medical marijuana in our state will be the ones that are ultimately on the right side of history. The same goes with new medical marijuana dispensary business owners; the first leaders in the industry will pioneer its success.
What do you think about the industry’s future in Florida? Are you one of the dispensaries that will fuel its success?
To partner with us on your website copywriting, blogs, articles, patient newsletters, or press releases, please contact us. We’ll get back with you with 24 business hours!
If you are a new member of the state of Florida’s medical marijuana industry, you will need to market your organization just like any other business.
The most cost effective and efficient way to market your brand is online, in the digital space. Print advertising may also be useful for your needs.
Growing your Florida medical marijuana brand is made possible by:
- Creating and periodically updating your Company Website: A content expert or copywriter can define the users you need to reach and what type of marketing strategy will be effective based on their demographics. They can also be hired to help you define your Site Map and outline each page’s design concept Finally, they’ll help you write each page. When you need it updated, they’ll edit and rework your text and help you write blogs and press releases to keep content and SEO current.
- Defining and organizing your marketing strategy: The successful execution of your marketing efforts depends on the type of organization you run, what type of budget you have, and who you need to reach. Let an expert content company outline that for you so you know what to expect over the next few years.
- Articles and Blogs: As Florida’s medical cannabis industry grows, you will only be as successful as where you are on Google and related search engines. Whether you are interested in ghostwritten articles to bolster your physician’s industry expertise or informative blogs to help explain what you offer and how you can help patients, blog and article content is one of the most affordable ways to ensure your marketing success.
- Social media pages: Social media profiles and company pages are additional effective tools to get your name out there in Florida. Improve your SEO, build a loyal following, and help patients find you with a professional presence on sites like LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, G+, and Twitter.
- Print advertising: Are you preparing to exhibit at a conference or trade show? Would you like to get your name into Florida magazines? Print advertising is a great way to build your presence and may be right for you. From small corner page ads to full pages, an expert copywriter and graphic designer can be of assistance.
- Social media advertising: Social media advertising is affordable and can help you reach any customer in Florida. Whether you are seeking to engage Central Florida patients or have a call to action for South Florida B2B clients, an expert social marketing advertiser can help you.
Have questions about these content, copywriting, and social media services? Contact us and we’ll reply within 24 business hours:
via Green Rush Daily
Florida has added over 10,000 medical marijuana patients to its medical marijuana roster—and that’s just since June.
Florida Has Added Over 10,000 Medical Marijuana Patients Since June
Florida’s medical marijuana program is exploding. In fact, Florida has added over 10,000 medical marijuana patients since June. The latest numbers released by the Florida Department of Health show just how rapidly the state’s medical marijuana program is growing. Since June, Florida has added over 10,000 medical marijuana patients to the program’s roster. That’s a 60 percent increase in less than two months. The state now has 26,978 registered medical marijuana patients.
Read more from the link above.
To inquire about website copywriting, social media marketing, or digital marketing strategy for your Florida medical marijuana dispensary or brand, contact us.
More from TIME
The legalization of recreational marijuana in a handful of states (*Florida has adopted medical marijuana only at this time) opened the doors to all sorts of cannabis-laden commerce, from dinner service to vacation packages. It was inevitable that weddings, among the most expensive purchase an adult will ever make, would find a way to introduce weed into nuptials, receptions, and party favors.
Specialists have launched entire businesses to meet this new wedding-weed demand. In Colorado, where recreational marijuana has been legally sold since 2014, Bec Koop operates cannabis-friendly Irie Wedding & Events and is one of the founders of the Cannabis Wedding Expo, an event where brides and grooms can meet marijuana vendors. Koop offers a litany of wedding services: day-of coordination, overall planning, floral arrangements, cannabis open bars. She also offers consulting services for venues looking to bring in cannabis-inclusive events.
Read more by clicking the link above.
Are you a member of the new Florida Medical Marijuana industry? Are you seeking expert marketing services like copywriting for your website, social media marketing, blogs, articles, or press releases?
Welcome! I am the CEO of an established, experienced marketing agency in Florida, now taking consultations with potential clients who need website copywriting, press releases, blogging, content marketing, article writing, social media, ad design, and digital marketing strategy services focused on Florida’s medical marijuana industry. These services are for licensed providers and companies within Florida’s medical marijuana industry – or those who are starting their journey in the state’s program and would like to begin creating their marketing collateral and advertising on the web.
I am a well known, seasoned, female healthcare, non-profit, and public co. industry marketer and PR specialist. This means I understand both the established United States cannabis marketplace as well as how to market medical marijuana as a healing solution and FL medical marijuana practitioners as trusted allies in care.
Whether you need to conceptualize & write your website, create social media profiles, write press releases, make social media calendars to promote your business, or otherwise receive advice on how to market your brand in Florida, I would like to help.
Please fill out the contact form below to get started or email me at email@example.com. I will personally call or email you back within 24 business hours, depending on your preference.